Mission Statement of VRSC
The Visual Researchers’ Society of Canada exists to promote excellence in the field
of visual research in all media. In a world awash in images, finding the right one for
the right price has become a fine balance of art and business. Knowing what works and
where to look for it are critical. The Members of the Society are dedicated
professionals whose task is to do just that – find images that work for producers and
publishers in all media.
The Barbara Sears Endowment Fund
The Barbara Sears Endowment Fund will be used to provide assistance to those wishing to further their professional development in the fields of editorial and visual research.
The fund will provide an annual bursary for individuals who are currently working in the field, in order to assist in academic or vocational development.
The course includes a full schedule of lectures and seminars presented by leading industry professionals and covering topics such as:
- History of film and tape formats
- Principles of Digital Archive Management and Digital Rights Management, Metadata and cataloguing
- Technical production processes involving footage
- End to end footage research
- Principles of rights clearance
- International Copyright Law affecting the footage industry including Fair Use vs Fair Dealing and new plartforms
- The Producer's Perspective
- Use and Abuse of Footage
For more information click here
Donations can be made here via Paypal